Reporting of Questions

Home Forums PeerWise – General Discussion Reporting of Questions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Anamika Basu Anamika Basu 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anamika Basu

Hello, I’m still playing around with PeerWise prior to setting it up, seems like a great resource.

I had a question though – if a student reports a question for being inappropriate, is there a way for the administrator to be automatically notified? For an email to be sent, or a notification to go up? At the moment I can only see if a question has been reported by specifically searching for it.

Any help would be great,

Anamika

Paul Denny
    Key Master

Hi Anamika,

Thanks for the question – currently there is no automatic notification for “flagged” questions, so it does rely on you checking this in the “Administration” section. Having said that, there are usually very few actually inappropriate questions (assuming you set the expectations for your students appropriately to begin with). In my most recent experience, in a class of 800 students, there were only a few questions flagged in this way and upon review they were all low quality questions – and received low ratings – rather than what might be considered “inappropriate”.

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
    Paul.

Anamika Basu

Hi Paul,

sorry for not thanking you earlier. Indeed now we’ve been running the course, the only reported question was one where the quality of question was being raised.

I do have another question, but I think I’ll put that on another post.

Otherwise thank you – PeerWise has been really encouragingly adopted by the students and I think it is on track to be a regular feature with our students!

Anamika

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.