exporting scores with tags data

Home Forums PeerWise – General Discussion exporting scores with tags data

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Jack Hyland Jack Hyland 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jack Hyland

Hi,

I’m considering using PeerWise for an assessment where students must write X no. of questions on topics A, B and C, where they tag each question by topic.

Is there any way of capturing this data in PeerWise? I see from downloading the “View scores of all students” sheets it doesn’t show any data on tags used.

Jack

Paul Denny
    Key Master

Hi Jack,

This sounds like a good idea. I would recommend that you, as the instructor, create a set of “tags” for your course (from the Administration menu) that represent the topics for which you would like students to classify their questions. You can also choose whether to allow students to create their own tags or not – normally I think it is a good idea to allow this as well.

If you then take a look at the “Display participation summary” option, you can run a report that lists the number of questions, answers and comments that students have contributed. By default, this will list activity for all questions in the repository, but you can filter this report by entering a tag at the top underneath the time fields, and then the report will only show activity associated with that tag (specifically, the number of questions authored with that tag, the number of questions with that tag answered, and the number of comments written on questions with that tag). It sounds like this might be what you are after?

Best regards,
    Paul

Jack Hyland

Thanks, Paul. Your suggestion for reporting on tagged questions works perfectly. This had been a deal breaker for me using PeerWise as I need to assess students across a range of topics – I don’t want to risk them just covering the easier introduction areas. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.